Hi, I'm Sébastien Wilmet, I come from Belgium, and I'm a GNOME developer.
History of my contribution milestones:
- 2009: creation of GNOME LaTeX, a LaTeX editor.
- 2012: started to contribute to the GtkSourceView library.
- 2013: Google Summer of Code in GtkSourceView, gedit and a little GLib/GTK.
- 2013: became a co-maintainer of GtkSourceView.
- 2014: started to write a small book to get started with GLib/GTK.
- 2015: creation of gspell, a spell-checking library for GTK applications.
- 2016: creation of Tepl – the “Text editor product line” – a library that eases the development of GtkSourceView-based text editors and IDEs.
- 2017: became a co-maintainer of Devhelp.
- 2019: became a maintainer of gedit.
I also contribute from time to time to other GNOME modules, like GLib and GTK.
My main ongoing projects
Ease the creation of new text editors
When I started to develop GNOME LaTeX, I figured out that it was not that easy to create a new text editor based on GTK and GtkSourceView. In fact if you looked at the source code of gedit back then, there was 50,000 lines of code just to implement the core features (without the plugins).
But there is still a lot of work to do in this area.
Improve the GNOME developer experience
Another thing that I figured out when I started to develop GNOME LaTeX was that there was no good documentation for beginners on how to write a GTK application in C. More specifically, what the code architecture should look like. To fill that gap, I've started to write this small book, to explain the things that I would have wanted to know when I started.
I've also contributed significantly to Devhelp, the GNOME API browser. To summarize my work in that project, I've done lots of maintenance work, code refactorings, lots of bug fixes, and greatly improve the libdevhelp that is used in IDEs like Builder and Anjuta.
Why I'm on Liberapay
Among the different crowdfunding platforms, I prefer Liberapay for several reasons:
- Liberapay is run by a non-profit organization;
- The platform is rooted in the open source community, and as such it has open source code;
- It has very low fees, Liberapay is funded like any other project on Liberapay itself. I give them a part of the donations I receive;
- The donations are recurrent, so it's something I can better count on.
Your donations are critical help that make it possible for me to continue GNOME development. For code maintenance, to develop new features and bring the projects to the next level.
swilmet memiliki akun berikut di platform lain:
swilmet is a member of 4 teams:
swilmet bergabung 4 tahun yang lalu.